After Tournament Recovery

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Devin, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Devin

Devin New Member

Does anyone recommend any type of food/diet to recover from bruising? Spinach comes to mind...

2. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

3. Devin

Devin New Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you recommend any special foods / diet?

4. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

Food/Diet will only really help with consistent prolonged use. For instance eating a specific diet after your tournament to help with recovery will not yield long term benefits. To be fully vague, a healthy balanced diet is what you need.

More specifically
    Vitamins K & C and bioflavonoids! Oranges are a good source of C and bioflavo's (esp the white-ish bits). Eat a variety of fruits (berries, oranges), nuts, leafy veg's, broccoli, sea weed and protein (fish, poultry, tofu, nuts etc). Don't ignore healthy fats (veg oil such as olive etc)
    A balanced diet should contain some or all of the above.

If bruises are already visible on the skin, you can get vit K cream for oral use. You can also use arnica creams.

Oh and don't have too much of blood thinning substances (ginseng etc). Also avoid (or reduce) alcohol.

Hope this helps.

Devin likes this.
  5. Devin

Devin New Member

Perfect! Turns out that I have a broken/fractured rib, not bruised as I had thought. I hate waiting for ribs to heal, I usually aggravate the healing process.

6. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

Devin, sorry to hear. Hope you recover soon, I myself am recovering from a few injuries and understand your pain.

Pilsung.

7. Devin

Devin New Member

Thanks, feeling better already! Lots of protein and Vit D. What is your recovery time set for?

8. darylb11005

darylb11005 New Member

Sorry to hear about the injury. I'm just wondering, was this injury directly the result of a hit you took in a competition while wearing a hogu?

9. Devin

Devin New Member

Yes, during a competition the hogu did not protect me on this kick. One of the few times that I wish I had my 20 lbs of body fat back on my body for extra padding...

10. darylb11005

darylb11005 New Member

Ouch. Best wishes with the recovery.

11. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

Sorry for the late response. Initial recovery time was set for 6 weeks, post-op another 8 weeks (which has turned into 12 lol). Getting there gradually :)