Am I to old for Taekwondo?

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by heinz, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Gabriel M.M

Gabriel M.M New Member

It's never to late to start with TKD. It contains so much, not only training, but also teach you much about right attitude and it's also a life style. Go for it, right away!

- ITF TKD. Gabriel.

stefi likes this.
  2. stefi

stefi New Member

I'll be 22 next month, and I started TKD one year ago, it was my highschool wish but it took me 3 years to find a good club. I am not a good fighter seeing that I practice for a period of 1 year, but I found myself there, now I can not imagine my life without tae kwon do. So this is a little advice, YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD to be a REAL fighter, it is not just being best of the best, it is being good as much as you can be :) I admire all that started training, no matter what, no matter when, no matter how old they are.

lynM likes this.
  3. tigerfitness

tigerfitness New Member

what have you got to loose??? taekwondo will make you a better person. I would never say anyone is too old for a martial art! if your worried about it however, why not see if you can go to a university taekwondo club that'll be full of people your age who have never done taekwondo before.

just go for it! there are people of all ages at every belt category.

4. pilothiew

pilothiew New Member

WOW, by reading all the post here.. you guys have gives me the spirit to continue on my Taekwondo. I have been stop practicing Taekwondo 2 years ago due to work. my last belt was 1st gup, now my body really feel like an old man even though I'm 26 this year.

5. Ivor

Ivor Member

Heinz i started TKD when i was 18 (in 1986) and i am still doing it now, albeit a bit slower and without the flashy flying techniques.
    :)

6. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

no 19 is not too old, in aisa many people start when they are young but how many of them continue? it is a mistake to look at the super talented or people who have got in to the arts early and compare themselves ot you. at 19 youare still strong and fit and will be able to compete with the best of them if you puut the time in.

when i read the title of your post i thought you were going to be 60 or 70 years old. 19 ... don;t worry about it