Animal walk exercises for TKD warm up and conditioning

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Eerowest, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Eerowest

Eerowest New Member

hey everyone,

I'm a lifelong martial artist(did my entire childhood TKD) and I just recently compiled a big list of different animal walk exercises (10+) for warm-up and conditioning which can be very helpful for overall fitness and martial arts.

If you have any questions, please let me know. If it isn't helpful, at least it should be entertaining

Eero

2. Matt

Matt Member

Could you please explain how the sneaking ape does any benefits? I see it being similar to the duck walk (which I make my students do regularly)

Also while the scorpion jump looks quite cool it also looks quite dangerous as you could easily slip and fall onto the outstretched arm holding your body up.... is there any way to make sure you prevent this? or a beginner style you would recommend?

3. Eerowest

Eerowest New Member

The sneaking ape improves the mobility and strength in the lower body like the duck walk, but in a slightly different way. Both are great for lower body mobility and strength.

Scorpion jump is an advanced technique for sure: the beginners need to begin by just exploring their range of motion with the easier variation and maybe also practice back bridges.