Better than expected :)

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Rugratzz, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Again thanks for your advice and help with the nerves (previous post).

I was awarded 5th cup, to be honest it surprised me, I forgot the ending of sah jang I stood there like a lemon for what seemed like forever. No one said anything so I started again and it was fine, I was not sure if that was correct etiquette, at that moment I had nothing to loose.

After the grading, I was asked to return to the Dojang and they gave me a report on my performance.

Execution of techniques was very good, balance control and power. One and tree step sparring, good control, clean and precise delivery of techniques. Self defence, realistic, and practical.

Sparring, ( I really love sparring) :p I had to spar with different grades and ages, from a little 6 year old girl, through to a 4th Dan, obviously adapting to my opponents abilities.

As you can see I am a little proud with myself, but also humble that they considered that I was worth the grade. I just wanted to share it with you all, as the wife is really not interested in TKD.

My boys also graded, eldest is now a proud yellow belt, the middle one has an orange, and the youngest has a junior orange belt. I could not be more proud of them and their efforts. I am sure the little one (6) grew a couple of inches, when he put on his new belt.

RR:)

teagentleman likes this.
  2. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

Congratulations, fantastic news and good work! I am very happy for you and your boys :)

Rugratzz likes this.
  3. akisbat

akisbat Member

Bravo Rug ! Keep going !

Rugratzz likes this.
  4. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

Congrats RR, sounds like you earned it! Things start getting a bit more complex from 6th keup on, as the forms illustrate: two handed techniques, combinations, and counter kicking. Have fun with O Jang, it's very flowing and has some pretty cool combinations. Everything gets a bit more real from blue tag onwards.

Rugratzz likes this.
  5. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Had my first training session tonight, my instructor explained to those who did not know about my previous MA experience and why he had graded me that way. Many already knew some didn't. Well I guess I cannot hide at the back of the class any more;)
    We had a real mixed session tonight, with a bit of everything, really needed that as my poor old muscles are really complaining.

I must admit that two handed techniques are not something I have done much of until I started TKD, but its a good challenge.

I have never really liked forms that much, I appreciate the skill, and control needed, and why they are used. I can apply the parts in a combat situation, (for the want of a better term, its 12.18am and I am knackered, so the brain is telling me I need sleep). Having to learn that many sets over a short ish period of time, at the moment I really need a rest from them, I have already started with O Jang, I sort of know about half of it, My instructor and a couple of the other black belts are going to give me some extra training time (one on one) so I can improve on the ones I already know, they could have been better :rolleyes: in the grading.

RR:confused:

6. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Active Member

Congrads are in order! You should continue doing all your forms for a few minutes everyday to keep up with them. I still do all the forms everyday to insure they look good for all my students. Master Fahy

7. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Thank you :)

8. Petra Roesner

Petra Roesner New Member

Congrats! I think most of us had moments that they ran a complete blank doing their patterns. But at least you never gave up!

Rugratzz likes this.
  9. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Thanks Petra