chang hon patterns used in a fight scene

Discussion in 'Taekwondo Patterns' started by michael mckenna, Aug 11, 2013.

1. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

ive seen people break boards while doing there patterns with strikes and blocks that was awsome to see but it would be really awsome to see the patterns used in a fight scene to show exactly what it could be used for with a few different alternate ways. anyone think that would be awsome too ? ok just noticed the over use of the word awsome but think that puts abit of humor into this post lol any opinions would be AWSOME

2. UK-Student

UK-Student Active Member

Gen. Choi did that with Eui-Am in Volume 1 of the encyclopedia. He shows still images of how the pattern is used against several attackers. I do not know if he also filmed something similar.

As to whether or not his illustration represents the most realistic application of the lessons in the patterns, I am not sure but it's fun and informative nevertheless.

3. Gazzer

Gazzer Active Member

Sorry you spelt it wrong :p its AWESOME

michael mckenna likes this.
  4. michael mckenna

old habit lol

5. c5sparkchaser

c5sparkchaser New Member

My master LOVES to do the fight scene showing the practical application of forms. I've done several with him and other black belts; with Master Jay doing the actual forms and us doing the fight scene. I've done a 2-on-1 Eui Am and, just recently, sections of Gae Baek/Eui Am/Choong Jang. These are usually done as demonstrations at "halftime" during a local tournament. I'll see if I can get the video of the latest one posted, I think it turned out well.

UK-Student and michael mckenna like this.
  6. michael mckenna

thats great cant wait to see it

UK-Student likes this.
  7. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

I think th north Koraen demonstration team did the with Choong Moo at one time. The fella went through the form then wentthrough it again with people running on attacking him.

From an entertainment point of view it was fun from a application point of view i had some issues with it