Changes in Taekwondo lead to a successful Olympics.

Discussion in 'News' started by TristanCIRL, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TristanCIRL

TristanCIRL New Member

There has been some controversy over the running of Taekwondo in the Olympics in the past, but the people and the media feel that this year's changes may have made Taekwondo a better Olympic sport! With a new points system and action replay it made this years Olympics more fair for the competitors. WTF Secretary General Jean-Marie Ayer said London was the "best Olympic Taekwondo competition yet"

Source: http://wtax.com/Taekwondo-Korean-martial-art-finally-gets-it-right/11472136?newsId=160235

2. Leighton

Leighton Member

I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of Olympic TKD, but, this years event was alot better than the previous years I have watched, well done to all those who succeded in reaching their dreams

3. Doug Johnson

Doug Johnson New Member

It was much easier to watch this time out for both those who theoretically knew what was going on and those who didn't!

Mick King likes this.
  4. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Active Member

I thought this years games were not that good! The action lacking! I've seen better matches in local competitions! I did like the new rules for scoring. Most of this years competitors used the same technique (front leg side kick ) to hold off the other competitor! Looked a lot like 70's karate! Master Fahy