customize Your Gear

Discussion in 'Taekwondo Sparring' started by Sobaka, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Sobaka

Sobaka New Member

Hello, i was wondering if it would be allowed to spray paint a stencil on to the middle of the chest guard or any of the protective gear, or are there some sort of regulations in wtf?. Thanks

2. Mario Ray Mahardhika

Mario Ray Mahardhika Active Member

Do it in the inner part, I don't really know about the regulation but at least doing it on a side that's not directly visible should be fine. We do it to all of our equipments to avoid accidents (you know, there are thieves here and there, even in the tournaments).

3. AAU: The shin and forearm guards should be fine, because they're supposed to be covered by the dobok anyway. I think there are some adidas digital camo. Some schools have their logo printed directly on the hogu, but I think it's only allowed to take up a small area. Once you're at black belt level, hogus are provided for you; and if they're not chances are that the tournament director doesn't mind, he/she just wants your participation. There used to be a problem with mouth guards that looked like sharp fangs. The AAU has become a lot more relaxed, they used to not allow school logos on the dobok for forms at nationals. You even had to have a blue and a red mouth guard.

Sobaka likes this.
  4. Sobaka

Sobaka New Member

Yeah ill just do it on one side and if im not allowed ill just flip it

5. JoeP

JoeP New Member

I Think it looks really cool