Dobok Sizing

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Wayne Burt, May 10, 2018.

1. Wayne Burt

Wayne Burt New Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any brand dobok that has sizing by waist and chest, etc. sizing?
    Over the years I have 'expanded', as one does with weightlifting, beer and whatnot, and the standard sizing-by-height doesn't work for me any more.
    I'm looking to enter the ITF World Cup in Sydney later this year and I need to upgrade to an approved brand dobok so now is the time to do it right.
    By height, I should wear a 180cm. I currently wear a 190 but it still restricts movement in the arms and legs. I'm happy to order the larger sizes from across the globe, but I'm worried about ending up with the ITF embroidery around my ankles once I've shortened the arms and legs as necessary.

Should I just be getting a Thai suitmaker to make up something or are there other options out there?
    What do other bigger guys do??

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3. Mario Ray Mahardhika

Mario Ray Mahardhika Active Member

None AFAIK, the common size chart only talks about height and weight (with assumption on body shape based on that). I suggest you make a custom one if none of the standard one fits.

4. Wayne Burt

Wayne Burt New Member

Unfortunately the "make-my-own" option wouldn't be approved for the world cup.
    So I'll just have to go super-oversized and do some editing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

You could try contacting ITF Korea HQ. There are custom oversize dobok / tailoring places and manufacturers, but you need a contact in Korea to get them for / to you.

Alternatively, MOOTO doboks have very large sizes (I typically take a size down compared to other manufacturers). Notably, the trouser legs and top are very roomy and wide for those who have broad shoulders, big chests, and big quads. It's worth mail ordering from your local distributor and trying one on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk