Does this dolyo chagi resemble this guys?

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Pleonasm, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

2. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

3. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

It really isn't.

One thing you may not have considered: as an instructor, you give feedback to those who act on it and appreciate it. How correctable are you?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Gnarlie

Hey, I treat people as they treat me. That 'arrogance' is a direct reflection of your own behaviour.

Like I've said before, maybe one day we'll train together and then all will become clear.

5. Gnarlie

6. Gnarlie

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

My progression in boxing in one month was more meaningful than 4 years of TKD. I think it's pretty obvious that my "going through the motions boxing" is better than my 4 years of TKD. I also got much stronger. Upper body strength >legs.:)

I would be interested to hear what people in general think, not just those who excelled, which I clearly didn't.

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

It's not that people aren't corrected, they are, but not in the things that are really difficult, only in how to hold a knife hand properly. I say that's a crappy school. And I have no idea why that is. I have done private sessions going over patterns and he never stops me when I throw a kick.

9. Gnarlie

A month is nothing, and what you have showed in the video is even less. Nowhere near enough for you or anyone else to make a call.

10. Gnarlie

Again, how correctable are you?

How you are corrected and how willing instructors and co-trainees are to help you will depend largely on how well you integrate with the group, what relationship you have with them, how you react to feedback and most of all what you bring to the table.

11. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I would say ideal. I never objected to anything. Just did whatever they told me to do. Nobody was for that matter. Anyway, that's all history now. I'm done.

12. Gnarlie

So why are you still here?

13. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Because I am done NOW.

14. Gnarlie

No more Taekwondo? Or school change?

15. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

No more TaeKwonDo. I haven't been to the TKD school since October. Switching back to boxing (a real one, not cardio), in a new gym which I have already visited once.

16. Gnarlie

Good luck. I hope you have a better experience there.

17. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I'm sure I will. My 4 years of sparring proved very beneficial in the previous gym:) I thought it would be a complete restart since my federation did not allow hooks in their official sparring format (some ITFs do) but it worked out great!

18. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Btw, I gotta tell you guys, there's a professional Muay Thai fighter and coach who is seriously impressed and is up my ass about posting some extensive shit like sparring, even though I was the worst kicker at my school (among the legit guys,).

Just goes to show you how coaches of different styles evaluates kicks differently, because he has sparred TKD guys. It's not like I am his first exposure to TaeKwonDo.

19. Gnarlie

Cool story bro. You should tell it at parties.

20. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Do you think the fundamentals of this kick is better? Ball of the foot this time, and completely different posture: