Fast twitch muscle fiber (video)

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Pleonasm, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Blink and you'll miss it;)

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I got this message from a fighter who thought I was full of ****before posting:

"..for what it’s worth, I believe that you’re physically gifted and naturally fast. I still think you’re retarded though"

:cool:

4. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

What is to discuss? There's nothing special there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rugratzz likes this.
  5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Force-mass ratio.

6. Gnarlie

What about it. That it's pretty average?

Rugratzz and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Average like this?
    MOV_0482_000016.jpg ke this?

8. Gnarlie

Yes, for a man of your age that's pretty average.

Rugratzz likes this.
  9. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

You're saying an average 28 year old TKD student can kick this height? I would like to see that! MOV_0482_000013.jpg

10. Gnarlie

It is meaningless height because the knee is pointing down. It's poor posture. And yes, most people in their mid 20's can pretty easily reach that height with correct form.

11. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

That's irrelevant. People aren't explosive enough to take advantage of dynamic flexibility/forward momentum. I have seen guys who do the full splits, who still can't keep the leg straight all the way up.

12. Gnarlie

I know plenty of guys who can.

13. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Oh but you can't?

14. Gnarlie

I include myself, and I'm a lot older.

15. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

My experience is very different. Most people aren't that good. Same in boxing, and I have sparred intermediate guys. So I would advice against your usage of the word "average".

16. Gnarlie

Maybe you live in a TKD vacuum. My experience is with the right training and perseverence the majority of people can execute a side kick at height with good form, especially in their twenties. And I've trained a lot of people.

17. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

MOV_0482_000016.jpg
    28 is not mid 20s. I hate to correct you but this is a dollyo chagi, not side kick.

18. Gnarlie

Then it's even worse that the knee is down.

19. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

With respect, I would be impressed if you could actually hold the kick for a few seconds. Can please tell me what is the point, what application does it have, how do you compensate for the loss of power at that height. Unless its purely for showing off, "look at me"

We have a number of younger students, who are perfectly able to execute a side kick, roundhouse kick to that height and hold it, as you get older some people are not able to that, or if they could, they cannot do it anymore. Some people are just not built to do it. Does it make them inferior to some one who can, certainly not. To say that the person who can, is in some way superior is purely arrogance. Humility is a good trait in martial arts.

"I have sparred intermediate guys" What on earth does that mean? to me its neither basic or advanced, in the middle, of two points.

RR

20. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

How about this one? Most black belts barely get off the ground, and certainly not keeping both legs in the air that long (if at all). But I am just an average bloke:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  21. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

blackbelts do you know many? I know and train with two black belts who cannot get off the ground but they are in wheel chairs. Our chief instructor never does jump kicks he also never does high kicks, fifty years of training has taken its tole, his hips are shot, would you include him in you statement.

Many of us more mature practitioners have been there and done that, martial arts is not about, I am better than you because.... It's for you to improve yourself. What many of those blackbelts have is knowledge and experience, to pass it on for you to learn. To give you the tools to get better.

I would feel deeply ashamed of myself if I talked like you, about people I don't know. I don't know or care what grade you are but it seems you have a lot to learn about respect.

RR