Fast twitch muscle fiber (video)

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Pleonasm, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

I used to - my first instructor started that way, and so did I. But we moved with the times regarding biomechanics, sports science and kinesiology.
    No, you can't guarantee anything of the sort.
    There's a difference between leaning because you can't control the kick, and leaning because you mean to lean for other reasons.
    Patent nonsense. They could control the kick when they needed to. Although control, biomechanical understanding and understanding of the factors that make up the anatomy of a great kick have developed since then.
    Why don't you start by telling me what you think the differences are.
    You'll outgrow the need for validation. Or you'll stall out of Taekwondo. One or the other.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2. Gnarlie

Why don't you start by telling me why you think it's not strong, then we might learn something from our conversation.

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

(In my opinion). Body rotation is incomplete, evident by his supporting foot not properly twisted. Inadequate/confused weight transfer, Inadequate/confused lean in relation to the rest of the body, negating any tangible force. Cryptic positioning of the hands, lending no actual power support to the undertaken action.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

How does biomechanics, sports science and kinesiology dictate that a front chambering is superior to a semicircular?

5. Gnarlie

Front chambering is only used for sport kicking, which from biomechanical and scientific perspective makes sense because it lends speed and is deceptive. The side kick is not front chambered outside of sport sparring applications unless speed is required under application. The martial technique is chambered fully.

6. Gnarlie

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain further. What do you mean by inadequate and confused?

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

´
    I don't follow you. WTF TKD guys stand almost exclusively side to side. Rear leg sidekicks are rarely adopted. Even if you chamber it front, it still takes too much time.

The body posture does not lend support to generate power, it is in fact the opposite. I'm assuming the person thinks it does however, hence confused.

8. Gnarlie

I'm talking KKW not WT. Rear leg sidekick is absolutely a legitimate technique, and is fully chambered.
    How? What do you view as an optimal power generation mechanic?

9. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

You claimed that the front chambering was the natural evolution of the sport. WT/WTF is the sport of the KKW. No you claim the opposite. How is it going to be? I never claimed the technique lacks merit outside of TKD sparring. It is not however a likely technique to pull off in TKD sparring because of the time it takes to both chamber and turn to the side. I do ITF and it's still unlikely.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  10. Gnarlie

Ok, here it is simply:

Sport technique - knee up front chamber is more common

Formal KKW technique - full chamber

Your generalisations about Kukki TKD often equate WT sport to KKW martial art. WT sport uses a tiny subset of KKW techniques and most of them are modified in some way for speed. The formal martial art remains unchanged.