Got my Green Belt! Then I rolled my foot/ankle

Discussion in 'The Dojang' started by Intercept, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Intercept

Intercept Member

Ouch! Last night at Sparring class I rolled my foot/ankle. Right on the knife edge. All my weight plus my momentum. It just went over and I totally thought I broke it. My Master was unsure too but then noticed no major swelling or bruising. I got really lucky. I iced it all night and took some Aleve. It's sore today but I'm going to class tonight but I don't think I'll be worth much there. It should be back to normal in a couple days. Again, I was lucky to not do more damage. Recently I was kicked solidly in the balls by a Black Belt, pulled my Glute/Upper rear Hamstring and now I roll my foot. Unreal. Hahhaha I LOVE TAEKWONDO!!!:)

michael mckenna likes this.
  2. Gazzer

Gazzer Active Member

You need to relax more and stop trying so hard :p

Ah green belt is same as Yellow belt if you are a 9th Gup.

Intercept likes this.
  3. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

i did something like that when i was in cyprus sat down with my instructor for a pint at a cafe had one beer was sitting on my ankle and when i got up to leave as soon as i tooked one step i tried to walk on top of my ankle ouch that was sore lol that was the day i was going home too i was lucky. congratulations on your green belt that was always my favorite time in tkd i was a green belt for 10 years as i was off and on again with a almost permanent leg injury but i was so happy when i got my blue stripe walked home smilling for once. keep up the good work mate

Intercept likes this.
  4. Intercept

Intercept Member

Hahahhah thanks Michael! That's classic you hurt yiur foot drinking a pint! Hahah I love sparring and we go at it good so we all have injuries of some degree 24/7. My ankle though was my worst. Sort of creepy like anymore pressure and it would've snapped. I got lucky and my feet are getting stronger and my balance too. Cardio is always the thing that i have to stay on top of. When my endurance goes during sparring it's hard to be effective. Being a Green Belt is awesome and I test for my stripe in 30 days. I'm looking forward to it so much! I practice my form today. Yes, I'm having fun and love Taekwondo!

michael mckenna likes this.
  5. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

i hope you do well on your grading