Hapkido books?

Discussion in 'The Dojang' started by Raymond, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Simple thread? Anyone have any recommendation for a good hapkido manual?

2. canadiankyosa

canadiankyosa Active Member

Stick with videos when possible. Books have the potential to be confusing due to pictures being put in the wrong order, etc. There are many good quality hapkido videos even if they tend to be over-priced compared to their length. On the whole, go for books/videos by very well known instructs such as Ji Hae Jan and Kenneth MacKenzie (Shin Moo Hapkido), Grandmaster Booth (Autralia), Han Bong Soo, etc. Also, any of the full-length videos (Han Bong Soo) are available on youtube and other video sites. Just google the master's name and choose video instead of web.

3. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Yeah I watch YouTube video on martial arts daily but I am amassing a library on martial arts books and Dont yet have a hapkido manual yet.

I have bjj, judo, jjj, boxing, tkd, Greco wrestling, and jkd so far. I have a combat hapikdo book by pellegrini but would like a classic hkd book.

4. canadiankyosa

canadiankyosa Active Member

5. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Thanks brotha.

6. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Update. I think I'm gonna get Marc Tadeschi's book. I've read the abbreviated version of his TKD book, and own the giant hardcover version of his TKD forms book. His HKD book is about 1000+ pages and runs about $70 on Amazon. I'll update with what I think of it when I get it (tax time soon in the states!) in the event anyone else is interested.