Hello, I'm Darren and I'm new to Taekwondo forums...

Discussion in 'The Dojang' started by Intercept, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Intercept

Intercept Member

I love this site! The forums are great and informative. I test for my Purple Belt on the 22nd! I can't wait! I study at Master An's Taekwondo Martial Arts in Vista, CA. :):):)

2. CristyK

CristyK New Member

Welcome to the forums. How long have you been training?
    My husband, two sons and I have been training about 4 1/4 years now. My husband and I are red black and should be able to test for our black before the end of the year (hoping for this fall). My youngest son (12 years old) is a brown black and two stripes from testing for his red belt. He wasn't able to train last december at all (appendectomy on the 3rd) and was off training for about 6 months in 2011 for a double broken leg. My oldest son (16) is a green belt but he took off a year and a half. We train in SE Michigan.

3. Brian

Brian Member

Good luck Intercept. I well remember purple belt - I blew my knee out when I was at the form, and rehearsed it over and over in my head while I recovered. ;) Mrs. CristyK, good luck to you and yours as well!

4. Intercept

Intercept Member

ChristyK, I'm yellow now so I'm new to TDK but LOVE it! I am totally absorbed into it! I'm 45 so a late starter but I am getting in amazing shape! My flexibility and balance are getting really good now. I love it!

5. Intercept

Intercept Member

Brian, ouch! I had a weird knee so I had to be reall careful not to blow it out. My pit bull just blew her ACL. Knees take a ton of abuse!

6. bowlie

bowlie Well-Known Member

spinning kicks do torque the knees alot, nasty. Welcome to the forum :)

7. Intercept

Intercept Member

Yeah, I have been really careful on my knee. I tore it years ago. It's one of those things where I'm constantly aware that I could really set myself back if I tweak it bad. I've been lucky so far. She's holding up and getting stronger. The tendons around my weak one have gotten stronger. Our Master rode us HARD last Friday and the knee is holding up!

8. Intercept

Intercept Member

Thanks Bowlie! ;)

9. Brian

Brian Member

Good luck to the pit!

Mine was a running jump back leg kick. Thought I'd miss the target, pulled up, and landed with all my rotating weight on one knee. Snapped ACL and PCL like rubber bands.