Im having trouble finding a uniform HELP PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Wreckless96, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Wreckless96

Wreckless96 New Member

I haven't done tae kwon do in 15 years and have decided to start attending classes again. the problem that i am having is finding a uniform with long enough sleeves with out looking like i swimming in it. Size 6 is a good fit except the arms lenghts arent long enough, and the size 7 is designed for somebody 40 plds heavier than me. does anybody have the same problem as me or have any sites or brands that i should check out. thanks for the help

2. TangoTom

TangoTom New Member

I find the generic TKD uniform size is shocking, three different types with three different fits.. much prefer to train without one :/

3. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

It depends on how tall you are and what your build is. Different manufacturers have different cuts. It's also possible to buy separate generic dobok bottoms.

4. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

What is your height, weight, waist etc?

5. Narcsarge

Narcsarge New Member

I don't know what this site's policy is on attaching links but, as stated before, you can buy uniforms by the piece. Pants and top sold separately. Also, different manufacturers may design their doboks differently. I've purchased uniforms where the top was fine and the pants were too long (I can sew so I've cuffed them or paid to have it done). I've also had pants too short and top too tight even though the uniform is listed as my normal size. When you find a maker that you like, stick with them. Just do a search for Tae Kwon Do uniforms and you'll have a ton of sites to choose from. You go cheap or you can get really pricey uniforms. It's your wallet so you get to decide.

6. Wreckless96

Wreckless96 New Member

Im 6'1"
    185 Plds
    Arm Span Is 70 "

so Needless To Say I Have Long arms

7. Wreckless96

Wreckless96 New Member

I'm Not Tryin To Buy Uniform After Uniform Untill One Fits

8. Gnarlie

Adichamp size 6.

9. Wreckless96

Wreckless96 New Member

Thanks I'll CheckItOut

10. dantalion

dantalion Member

Can anyone recommend a a make (availablein the UK) that isn't specifically designed for supermodels? I know it's difficult to believe from the photo on the left but I'm not built like a bean-pole and I find doboks lack room in the jacket. I've tried Addidas and Wacoku (their body armour is good) but find them too snug, This practice of selling by height is crazy, if you're not built like a marathon runner they don't fit comfortably. The best I've found so far is Playwell, but I'd like to know which other makes are good.

Narcsarge likes this.
  11. Gnarlie

Mooto's black belt doboks are quite roomy. Also the Adidas Grandmaster with the 3 stripes on the shoulder has a very big top. The top of range Nike doboks too. Avoid Master, which is tiny in the top, and Daedo, which seems to be one size smaller than everyone else's. Kwon doboks are quite big in the top except for those aimed at competition sparring. The poomsae doboks are a bit more generous.

12. dantalion

dantalion Member

Thanks.