Master Julie

Discussion in 'The Dojang' started by Julie Tregeagle, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Julie Tregeagle

Julie Tregeagle New Member

Hi, TKD Lovers,
    I love taekwondo, and still take classes at age 56. I teach classes, as well.

2. CristyK

CristyK New Member

Hi Master Julie, I'm.... well not quite black belt Cristy. I'm 39 and love training. Your brave to teach. My Master wants us to teach once we hit black belt but I don't think I have what it takes to teach (the P word).

3. Julie Tregeagle

Hi Cristy,
    Teaching is great! I am a retired school teacher, so it is quite natural for me. If you really want to learn a skill, try teaching. You will find that you really either know it inside and out, or you will be forced to think about it learn it correctly.
    Teaching sometimes may take a little practice, but if you love taekwondo your love will be what helps you teach.
    Good luck with your training!

4. CristyK

CristyK New Member

Yes Ma'am, I do love teaching technique to the adults in out class. But the kids (the ones between 2 and say 16) are my probelms. Specially the ones who have been training longer then I have but I out rank. I get no respect from them.

5. Julie Tregeagle

The kids can be challenging, but they also can be a joy. The fact that they do not respect you may be a problem that your Master should address. Kids should know that we can learn from anyone, older, younger or even a lower rank. I am sure your Master will back you if you tell him/her about your feelings.

6. CristyK

CristyK New Member

Oh my Master's deal with it every time I bring it up to them. But it never fails when she gives the speech to the class on about respecting the people she pairs you up with as if they were black belts, the kids I have issues with aren't there or they have the worlds shortest memory.

7. Julie Tregeagle

hahahaha! One day, they will experience someone who doesn't give them respect and maybe they will understand. Try to be patient, and always send love to those who are most challenging. The ones who are hardest to love are the ones who need love the most! Good luck!