My coach gets drunk around us all the time and is sleeping with my teammate (college)

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Aisha1999, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Aisha1999

Aisha1999 New Member

I’m on a collegiate Tae Kwon Do team and recently I’ve started to question why some things on my team are just accepted as normal. After big events or competitions my coach will take us to bars and get trashed. She also had a party at her house, got really trashed, and was like making out with my friend in the bathroom. I know, on every forum people keep saying they’re two consenting adults, but it still feels fucking weird! She also flirted with me, calling me and my other friend sooo hot and like straddling my friend.

Especially since my coach is so formal during practice and we have to treat her with the utmost respect as our “master.” I also found out she like invited herself to my other friend’s apartment and was swearing up and down, drinking, and that my friend felt really uncomfortable. This is weird, right??

3. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

Yes, and inappropriate for someone in a position of responsibility and power. Unprofessional too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Gazzer

Gazzer Active Member

So this woman is not your instruction/master? just a competition coach?

5. Dan

Dan New Member

In most collegiate sports, the coach sleeping with one of the students is against school policy, and in some cases illegal.

A victory party is one thing, but getting drunk and acting as you describes is at best unprofessional and immoral.

Is the college aware of her actions? If so, they have an obligation to address the situation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro