New boy!

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Mohican03, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Mohican03

Mohican03 New Member

Hi,
    New to the forum, and TKD. I’ve just joined a ITF club in the North East Of Scotland, at the young age of 44!
    So far so good, and it’s early days. Was inspired by my two kids, 12 & 7 who have been doing it for 7 and 2 years respectively.
    My arthritis in my toes hurt, and wondered if it was acceptable for a white belt to wear shoes when training?

Gnarlie likes this.
  3. Gazzer

Gazzer Active Member

You can do and some people wear them all the time training, but I was told that it's not a great idea but I can't see a problem with them on, you are not training for competition... Try it :)
    I started when I was 38 and now 45 and still going 3 times a week.

4. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. Ask your instructor about shoes. It often depends on what is being taught and practiced that day and whether Taekwondo shoes represent a safety risk. Generally speaking it is ok, but some things just don't work (foot formation, slippery surfaces, contact exercises for example).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. David Fhu

David Fhu New Member

It really depends on your club and coach when come to wearing shoe while training.

When I have blisters on my feet after sparring session, my coach recommend me to have a shoe on while doing sparring again.