Reverse turning kick tutorial

Discussion in 'The Video Room' started by liquidcadmus, Nov 20, 2016.

1. liquidcadmus

liquidcadmus New Member

Hey everyone,

I made a video tutorial for people who have a hard time doing the reverse turning/hook kick (Bandae Dollyo in ITF). maybe this is helpful for someone here also. and if there's anything you want to say I would be happy to see it, whether you liked it or not, and if not why. If lots of people like this, then I will make more tutorials.

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

The foot is not supposed to hook after being extended. If you watch patterns they keep it straight all the way, then simply drop the foot straight down.

4. liquidcadmus

liquidcadmus New Member

aha, so when you fight / spar, you execute punches the exact same way as in the patterns? all stiff and without hip rotation?
    good luck with that.

the way things are practiced in patterns are not the way they are executed or applied in an actual fight.
    Anyway, you can do it however you like it. This is how I do it and many people found it helpful, it's alright if you want to do it differently.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  5. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

You hooked it as well when performed in isolation (no sparring partner).

6. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

Let's see yours then.

7. northface

northface New Member

When I started my journey in martial arts I very much appreciated tutorials like this one. Very helpful. Thanks for posting.

Alan

8. Nik Cannon

Nik Cannon New Member

Thanks, this is really helpful for a newcomer like myself, even though I'm now just a yellow tag ( 2 months 1 grading in) we are encouraged to try spinning techniques, and balance is something I've struggled with, you've just identified where I've been going wrong!