Taekwondo expert breaks roof tile breaking record.

Discussion in 'The Video Room' started by GokuMexicano, Dec 27, 2016.

1. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

3. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

And? Comments?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

Nothing specific I just thought it was impressive.

5. Gnarlie

Given that the individual breaks are not particularly challenging, it's a record based on volume rather than skill. Bit of a waste of resources IMO...

I've seen more individual breaks that I would consider more impressive.

6. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

Well sir, if you think it's that easy you are more than welcome to try it yourself.

7. Gnarlie

Too expensive, roof tiles cost a fortune. The breaks are really not hard, because the material is brittle and spaced.

There are many more impressive breaks out there.

8. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

Until
    Until you actually try it, your words remain empty. So as the old saying goes put up or shut up.

9. Gnarlie

Already been there fella.

10. Mario Ray Mahardhika

Mario Ray Mahardhika Active Member

Been there, too. Roof tiles (as thin as in the video) are second easier material to break after breaking board. When I gained red belt, I was tested to break 10 stacked roof tiles like in the video using fist, 2 bricks using hand knife and several long wooden boards using my body (the boards will be hit against me strengthening my muscles). The bricks are the most difficult and hardest to break that I ended up using palm after my hand knife got injured and the bricks have no sign of breaking. I've also tried another roof tile, double or triple the thickness, brand new and shiny (looks like there was a coating layer, but I had no idea what was it). It breaks with tornado kick, but my instep got injured.

So yes, above thin roof tiles don't really help showing breaking skills. Pay attention also to how they are stacked, spaces in between the tiles are there for a reason. The story could be different if they're stacked tightly. After all, breaking is more scientific (mostly physics) rather than just a physical showdown.

11. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

Buddy the facts are that this lady broke the record of tile breaking under one minute. You did not. So you haven't been there. If you don't put up and demonstrate that you can easily do what this lady did, then your words are empty.
    And for the record neither me or someone in the video claim that this was harder than breaking bricks. So I don't really understand why you would even bring that up.

12. Mario Ray Mahardhika

Mario Ray Mahardhika Active Member

Mind buying me those tiles? I'm not rich, so I can't afford that much just to be broken.

13. GokuMexicano

GokuMexicano New Member

I'm honestly not sure how to respond to that. But I guess that if I follow the logic of the other gentleman and yourself I should point out that there is people richer than you? I guess that if I follow your logic I should also point out that I could also make 2 times your salary easily. But if you want me to prove it you need to come to my home and take care of all my responsibilities.