Taekwondo hatred on social media.

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Pleonasm, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Using the flying side kick picture as a psychological experiment, I got these responses:

"Very Gay" (in rainbow colors).

"Slight step to the right. Punch balls."

"If you look closely, he is using a rainbow to hold himself up."

"Taekwondo is the least effective form of martial art"

"Taekwondo expert - a person that works very hard at kicking, yet can get his ass kicked by any wrestler."

If I just threw a Dolly chagi it might as well be Kickboxing, so I figured I post a move more unique to TKD and that is part of forms.

My o my:)

Attached Files:

3. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Put anything on the net or antisocial websites you are going to attract people who just have to say bad things, I think many times it's just because they don't have anything nice to say in their little lives and need to say something. The bad ones stand out and it's more likely you remember them. One bad review about a restaurant cancells out fifty good ones.

Just my opinion

RR

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

You mean belief. It's pretty easy to test your hypothesis. I bet you there wouldn't be any outcry at all if it was a boxing footage or Muay Thai technique. People hate Taekwondo like the plague, for good reason.

5. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Well to me is their problem, life is to short to hate.

What good reason is there to hate tkd? It's a martial art, itf don't like wtf, who don't like da Di da di da. This style of karate won't mix with another style of karate, what's that all about, open minds breed knowledge. All the different styles of ma I have done over the years I take a little with me to the next one. I do wtf tkd, I teach when needed the correct syllabus, when we do sd, or fighting I out my own twist on things. Our chief instructor welcomes it, variety and all that.

RR

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I can appreciate how an outsider would look at Taekwondo as ineffective. Not that it doesn't apply to the other arts as well, but there is a point to be made about the incorporation of flashy techniques in patterns that would make very little sense to apply in real circumstances, even in sparring and ring fighting. From that perspective, since it is at the end of the day touted as a self defence, it does make sense to bash it. Doesn't mean it's not fun to practise.

7. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Tkd is like an orange it has many segments if you take a part out then it's not tkd any more. We (I can only talk personally) do a lot of self defence from traditional tkd type to full on, realistic. Armlocks, gouges, kicks low, strikes. If it works use it. I couple of us have worked in personal protection. Fighting (competition) is not a strong part of our club, but I and a few others are beginning to change that. We hope to take some of the kids to some open competitions this year, to let them get a feel for it.

RR

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

You don't need Taekwondo training to eye gouge, kick someone in the nuts etc.

9. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

You don't, but it helps in terms of being able to get yourself into a position to use any if those things.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk