taekwondo.net

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by ssiidd, Oct 19, 2013.

1. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

Interested in your views on the site www.taekwondo.net, particularly the curriculum covered. I have mixed views about distance learning MA courses.

Just to be clear, I am in no way questioning Master Woo's credibility!

Pilsung.

2. Melody

Melody Member

I couldn't find any curriculum on this website. Are you sure it's the correct link?

3. ssiidd

ssiidd Active Member

my bad sorry, correct link is http://taekwonwoo.net/
    Thanks for pointing out.

4. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

I like Master Woo and think he is legit. Anyone else and I'd be skeptical.

Melody likes this.
  5. Melody

Melody Member

Yes, I saw this a long time ago when I was a white belt and want to purchase it today as much as I did back then (15 months ago). For me, I learn best in a structured predictable environment. I want to know clearly what I am to practice and how that practice should be approached so it is done correctly. I feel when I have a clear plan then I'm able to focus more and progress faster since I'm not unlearning incorrect technique. Also, it seems that Master Woo has built his curriculum around the corresponding belt Forms which I think is brilliant as it ties it all into a very digestable syllabus. I used to study dance in almost the exact same format where Poomse would be a dance choreography and then all lessons and drills were for proper execution of the technique found within that specific choreography. I find this approach to be very effective and I will probably purchase his instructional s when I have ample room to practice at home.
    Also, I believe any online instruction is best used as a supplement to live training with a qualified teacher.

6. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Of course learning how to fight is impossible without live instruction, but much of the history and meaning of tkd could be had through a distance course. It depends on what you want out of the art. But for the most part, I think it is silly. But Master Woo's video as was already said are a good supplement. I try to immerse my self in the arts so when not at my club I am reading manuals on technique, history, watching videos if matches, etc etc

Melody likes this.
  7. Melody

Melody Member

Yes, and by doing all of that extra study on your own you have more time to get down to business on the mat >:)