Target

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by sqgear, Apr 27, 2012.

1. sqgear

sqgear Member

i was pondering upon when i came across the point that where would i target on the person , if i am attacked unexpectedly . Should it be the neck portion or head or stomach or the temple ?

2. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

There is no right or wrong answer. It depends on the situation, the size of the opponent, how aggressive they are, the location of the attack, if you're attacked by one person or a group.

This is where training comes in. If you spar frequently, you won't need to think when you attacked, you'll just react. You'll probably fight like you spar but remember that there aren't any rules in a real fight so don't fight like you would in your class. Kick them in the groin, poke their eyes, go for their throat - anything that helps you get out of the situation untouched.

Don't let your ego get in the way though. There's a time to fight and a time to run. If the attacker pulls the weapon, be smart and just run - don't think, just run. Don't think that because you did some knife defence in class one day you will be able to defend it. It's very doubtful and there's a high (very very very high) chance you will get seriously hurt.

Leighton likes this.
  3. Mick King

Mick King Member

Good answer just testing as well.