team pattern

Discussion in 'The Video Room' started by Finlay, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

OK I have my own thoughts on this

But I am keen hear what others make of this

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  3. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Hi Finlay, Not sure if its my end but the video wont play

RR

4. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

There we go fixed it

As a side note...... when you watch this, remember you asked to see it :)

5. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Ok I fell for it! Making a cup of tea would have been better. Sorry I really didn't find it enthralling. I am just getting into the art of poomse, is only taken me 3years better late than never I guess.

RR

6. John Hulslander

John Hulslander Active Member

Since we do not practice the Tuls, I do not have a good way to judge what they are doing.

What I do see os some physical skill, and decent timing. These things are hard to do in group forms.
    What I am not seeing is intensity/focus which.

It seems a little ring around the rosie ish, but that's just me.

We (our little dojang) are putting together a demo team, and I can tell you from my experience here that it isn't easy to coordinate a group of people working on a poomse.

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

It was alright. Nothing to write home about, but better than your typical student in terms of athleticism.

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Are they KKWs or ITF off-shoots? The doboks worn are not ITF.

9. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

I didn't like it. Neither synchronised, nor good as individual performances - both from an aesthetic and practical perspective.

Sinewave / breathing style not to my taste, and I find the style of movement highly artificial and unnatural.

I would have given it a low score in competition. Maybe 5/10 if I were in a good mood.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10. Gnarlie

I disagree. It was poor. You know nothing about my typical student ;)

11. Gnarlie

Nothing to do with Kukki TKD.

Google AAU TKD.

12. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I think they would have passed a grading on it. So to me, that's alright.

13. Gnarlie

Not one of mine ;)

14. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

The pattern is juche, an ITF 2nd degree pattern

I have no idea why they are wearing different dobok

15. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Why of course, but I am sure you would pass this instructors grading, despite kicking with a bent leg at 0:44, simply because Korean instructors are infallible in your mind and there's allways an excuse for them.

16. Gnarlie

Actually no, what he is doing is way out of date. But that's purely academic, because he has now modernised since that video, which is very old, was published.

I have no preference regarding instructor's ethnic background. I go purely on merit. It just so happens that most of the world's best are Korean, because Taekwondo is Korean.

There are bad instructors everywhere. Just like there are bad students. :|

17. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

What in the world does modernization got to do with substandard kicking technique? His technique in the clips was poor then and it's poor now. Period.

18. Gnarlie

That video is around ten to fifteen years old.

The thing is, Taekwondo has evolved over that time. Correct technique and timing has been developed and communicated during that time. That video represents a snapshot in a master's Taekwondo progress. That master has evolved too.

So yeah, his technique was poor by today's standards (although appropriate for his age). It isn't poor anymore, because he has developed.

Good luck with your ongoing development. You will need it.

19. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

That was not correct technique represented in the 2000s, or 1973 for the that matter.

20. Gnarlie

I'm not saying it was. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

21. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

That most people don't perform patterns accurately. Even on instructional level there are displays of poor balance, wrong execution, etc. It's simply unreasonable to expect people to perform patterns like Juche 100% accurately.