team pattern

Discussion in 'The Video Room' started by Finlay, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

TKD hand techniques are from Karate (or at the very least Kung Fu which preceeded it), as are many kicks. To state that TKD is completely different equates to discounting at least 70% of its content.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you. Talking isn't training.

3. Gnarlie

Only if you think in terms of technique rather than principle.

The way of moving is completely different. But there's no way that you can understand that yet, so we'll have to leave this discussion here.

4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

I have trained with him too. The conversation right now is about knowledge of Shotokan, not skill.

5. Gnarlie

I don't believe you have any rank or real experience. Being the massive ego you are, you would have told us all by now.

Real knowledge and ability comes from personal experience and training - it isn't genetically transferred and it isn't learned by just talking about it.

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

Did you not write waist twist? Last time I checked Karate had that too. You are right that I cannot comment much more than that, since the quality of KKW poomsae online is dreadful.

7. Gnarlie

Completely different application of a similar principle. Yes, the waist is twisted to generate power. It is neither as exaggerated nor as stiff as is typically exhibited in a shotokan context. In combination with the path and intensity profile of the movement over that path, the way of moving is very different.

If you can't find good poomsae online, man your research skills must really suck. But, we knew that, right? No wonder you can't comment.

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Active Member

Stiff and robotic Karatekas is nothing new. If you ask my father he would be the first one to agree. But as he says, "There's levels to everything". And even some high ranked ones are still incredibly robotic and poor representations as I've pointed out to him and he agreed on.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017