The encyclopedia of TaeKwon-Do

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Tom.D, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Can someone tell me what is the most up to date publication of the encyclopedia of taeKwon-Do by General Choi Hong Hi and where could I get a copy of the full 15 volumes? I already have both the encyclopedia, and the condensed version in pdf, from Blue cottage TaeKwon-Do, which was great to find, but I wouldn't mind getting the most up to date version of it. I had a look on Amazon but the prices were way over the top and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to possibly get an up to date copy of it?

UK-Student likes this.
  2. canadiankyosa

canadiankyosa Active Member

3. keith

keith New Member

hi tom
    i bought my 15 volume encyclopidia of taekwondo from taekwondo times hope this is of help

tom

Tom.D likes this.
  4. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Where did you find the PDF?

5. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Excellent stuff Keith and thank you for that. I found it exactly where you said, and will post the link for it in case anyone else is looking for it: http://www.taekwondotimes.com/store/item.php?it_id=12&goca_id=7 . Thank you again Keith :D

UK-Student likes this.
  6. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Heya Raymond, I found the PDF for it on the Blue cottage TaeKwon-Do website here: http://bluecottagetkd.com/ENCYCLOPEDIAOFTAEKWON-DO.html . If you click on the relative books you are looking for, and they will automatically begin downloading it in PDF format. I'm not 100% sure, but the 15 volumes of it is either 1965 or 1968 so pretty old, with the pictures at times a little difficult to understand, but still a great reference point all the same. I would love to get the most recent versions of it though to see if there has been many differences with the downloaded version and the current versions. Hope that helps you Raymond :D

UK-Student likes this.
  7. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Result! Will download and print that bad boy later!

Thanks!

UK-Student likes this.
  8. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Glad I could help ya Foggy, and many thanks to whoever posted the entire Encyclopedia onto BCTKD!! the only thing I would suggest and not being smart with you is to download the first book and see if it's what you're looking for before downloading the rest of them and also if you do download them all, only print out what you need from each book as there is roughly 280-300 pages in each volume, so you can imagine the amount of ink and pages you would go through :D . I didn't mention that the green book on the same link is the 1965 condensed version of it :D

UK-Student likes this.
  9. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Hummm.

If I can buy it I will see what would cost more. Looks like printing could cost a lot haha.

UK-Student and Tom.D like this.
  10. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Hahaha, you could be right, and also would save you having thousands of pages around the place :( . I personally find it great for references and the fact that it is, I think, a first edition, makes it even better as it shows exactly how G.M Choi wanted TKD to be taught originally. Thats why I wouldn't mind getting the 2008 edition to see if much has changed over the years and if the newer editions have clearer pictures than the old one?

UK-Student likes this.
  11. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

$295 so about £190.

Guess what I'm getting for Xmas off my whole family lol.

UK-Student likes this.
  12. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

hahaha, start dropping hints all over the place now so you dont face disappointment at christmas ;) . It's working out at around 225 euros for me and probably have to add 20-30 euros more for shipping? Actually Foggy, here is another fantastic book for you if your interested: http://www.this-is-tkd.com/ . I bought the first book, as it's the only one thats been released, but I find it fantastic, especially the videos and the interactive 3D of the patterns ( click on the 3D sample on this link: http://www.this-is-tkd.com/sample.html to see what i mean). It's well worth the money :D

UK-Student likes this.
  13. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Why would you do that? Why would you show me another book? Are you trying to bankrupt me?

Yes I will be ordering that book ok!

And as for the encyclopaedia? Hints? Direct orders my friend hahaha.

UK-Student and Tom.D like this.
  14. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Hahaha!!!! If you can wait, add it to your christmas list, but keep in mind the second of three, This Is TaeKwon-do, books is planned for release at the end of the year :rolleyes: , although, thats mainly for 1'st - 3rd dan black belts and so we have a few years to go before we need them ,( I still want to get it though, :D ), hahaha.

UK-Student likes this.
  15. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Just bought This is Taekwondo.

At the expense of getting my Cam Belt changed. Hope it lasts until next payday lol.

UK-Student likes this.
  16. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Hahaha, fair play to ya Foggy mate, you wont be disappointed with it, and with the information on the DVD-ROM alone, it's well worth the money :D and fingers crossed that your cam belt lasts till the next payday :D .

UK-Student likes this.