Unified Taekwondo Open World Championships 2013

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Mike Nickson, May 21, 2013.

1. Mike Nickson

Mike Nickson New Member

[​IMG]

With the agreement of the Administrator I am posting here in order to try and let as many people know as possible about the Unified Taekwondo Open World Championships 2013. This event was to take place in Korea this year but due to political unease in Korea the location was changed and it is now located in London, or more accurately, at the Herts Sports Village (Hertfordshire University campus) about 20 miles north of the M25.
    This event is open to all students of Taekwondo to try and bring about a "Unified" body of students to compete together. This brings the opportunity for all students that enjoy the benefits of Taekwondo to compete in many categories including sparring, patterns, special technique and power events. There are different levels for colour belts and black belts as well as weight classes.
    Please visit the website to see information about the event, with more being added each day. With competitors coming from around the World this is sure to be a fantastic event and we invite all that wish to join to do so. Also keep up to date on the event on Championships Facebook Page.

This event is sanctioned by the Unified International Taekwondo Federation as well as the International Taekwondo Federation HQ Korea.

2. John McNally

John McNally Active Member

International Taekwondo Federation HQ Korea.

The above is a commercial representation only.

I do hope to be at this event though.

Mike Nickson likes this.
  3. Mike Nickson

Mike Nickson New Member

Last year I didn't go to the ITF Worlds even though they were in Brighton (very close for me) as I was new to Taekwondo and didn't know what it was all about but then I saw some videos from it and wished I had gone. This is further away but still in our country and in driving distance and so really looking forward to going.

4. Bochica

Bochica Member

I'm going!

Mike Nickson likes this.
  5. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

Heya Mike, great post. I have been looking to find where the Korean Kick festival was going to be held in England since I found out it wasn't going to be held in Korea due to the unfortunate unrest over there, but was coming up with zero results. you dont know the prices of tickets for the event for spectators and competitors by any chance, as I could forward the information on to my club, as it would be an amazing event to go to and not to be missed?

6. Bochica

Bochica Member

I was mortified that it was not in Korea, I only just managed to get a leave pass In 12 years.
    dead chuffed that we get to host it though. I am not sure how much spectators are.
    competitors are €80 each. Yes euros not £

Tom.D likes this.
  7. Mike Nickson

Mike Nickson New Member

Good Morning Tom
    At this time I have not been advised of the prices as I think they are still being finalised. Once the details are released though the price and booking information will be added to the site as soon as possible and then I will be working to let the TKD community know about it. For the moment I would recommend keeping an eye on the site or, as is the way of the world these days :), like the facebook page as, as soon the details are released there will a post made which will also be circulated to the facebook page/community.
    Thank you for the interest and looking forward to the event :)

Tom.D likes this.
  8. Mike Nickson

Mike Nickson New Member

Hi Tom, sorry forgot to make this a reply so that you get the email triggered. Mike

9. Tom.D

Tom.D Active Member

no problems at all Mike. I have liked the facebook page and bookmarked the site so I can keep up to date with any latest information on it. thank you for that :)

10. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

I was actually going to this but due to not enough people going from GTF scotland I wouldn't be able to make it down

11. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

I was actually going to this but due to not enough people going from GTF scotland I wouldn't be able to make it down

12. Bochica

Bochica Member

Whoop Whoop! 2 more sleeps!