Uniform

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Caitlin, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Caitlin

Caitlin New Member

So I was told by one of my instructors that my uniform wasn't white enough/too greyish and that while it didn't really matter for training too much, I should probably buy a new one for grading (in one week).
    Is there any way to restore the white to my current uniform?

Thanks in advance

2. canadiankyosa

canadiankyosa Active Member

Get another one to use for testing and special occasions. It is always better to have, at least, two anyway.

Gnarlie likes this.
  3. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Personally I would think a worn down one, within reason, would look better. Shows all the hard work you've done.

4. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

There's not really a way to restore the white other than washing with bleach or whitener, but this will destroy any other colour on the dobok including black.

Good maintenance from new is key. Never let sweat dry on a dobok. If you can't wash it that evening, shove it in cold water overnight and wash it the next day. Use an antibacterial washing agent and include a little baking soda in the drum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. Matt

Matt Member

I suggest always keeping a clean white one. Most tournaments actually put into the rules that the participants must wear a "clean white dobak". Most instructors ask for a clean uniform for testing because it make you look nicer. Also if there are guest judges on the panel then you want to look your best for them.

6. Nik Cannon

Nik Cannon New Member

we have our own club doboks, but when grading have to wear all white doboks. you are representing your Club, your master, if you turn up in a Dobok that looks "unclean" it reflects bad not only on you, but your master.
    I can see I will have to buy a new one for gradings soon, as it's taking a hell of a beating already!

7. Jessee Harris

Jessee Harris New Member

I've got two uniforms. One for the regular training and one I wear only for tournaments and grading