Wacoku B160W Foot Protector

Discussion in 'General Taekwondo Discussions' started by Mark 42, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Mark 42

Mark 42 Member

Anyone here used these specific foot protectors:

[​IMG]

They are made by Wacoku, Model no. B160W

They look like they protect a bit more of the foot than the similar ones I use now.
    The ones I have now are like a fingerless glove for the foot - a lot like the Adidas ones
    but a generic brand:
    [​IMG]

I need a bit more protection, and considered the old style dipped foam type,
    but these look almost perfect for what I want (My feet have arthritis, so even kicking
    pads during practice causes pain afterwards - and at 3 days per week, by the end of
    the week it gets pretty painful)

I can't find them for sale in the U.S., but the British stores will ship to U.S.
    For the cost, I'd like to talk to someone who has used them before buying.

My current set are well worn, so I need to replace them.
    I don't like TKD shoes because the soles have too much traction and make it hard
    to pivot me foot. I wish someone made TKD shoes with leather soles!

2. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

Are you hurting your feet because you are kicking with the top of the foot itself? Or are you kicking with your instep or shin?

3. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

i like the look of these the shoes i have to wear really hurt the middle of my foot and its just not comfortable

4. Mark 42

Mark 42 Member

I think it's because I hit the top of my foot, and sometimes even the top of my toes.
    I try to kick deeper and use my shin & instep, but accuracy isn't great, especially during sparring.

5. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

I would try to work on that. The very top of the foot is not suitable for kicking as the foot is made up of many many tiny bones and you will sustain injuries very quickly. If you are hitting with the very top of the foot or tops of the toes, then no matter what foot guard you wear you will hurt yourself.