What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Self Defense' started by RTKDCMB, Aug 29, 2013.

1. RTKDCMB

RTKDCMB Active Member

I was browsing the internet and i came across this website on "How to fight" and I found this particular page a little disturbing and I believe it sends the wrong message. What does everyone else think?

http://www.fight100.com/how-to-fight-at-school.html

3. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

Yes it is very disturbing he is teaching kids to actively beat other kids up to gain fear and respect?!

It's not a gangland it's a bloody play ground!!

Ivor likes this.
  4. Anthony Hayward

Anthony Hayward Active Member

disgusted.. this is just wrong

Ivor likes this.
  5. bowlie

bowlie Well-Known Member

Its the kind of thing every bully victim wants to hear. I pay him money, and suddenly I go from the weak scared kid to the big guy that everyone fears. Alot of people that have never had respect or power end up craving it. It might seem vulgar for him to put it so bluntly (and im not defending him here) but he is catering to a real audience. The kind of people that go there are already thinking along those lines, and its wrong for him to encourage that, and also to profit from that situation, but we also need to realize that the greater evil here is that there are kids that are allowed to grow up in that unstable state of mind.

I think it speaks volumes of our society that there are enough kids out there that are damaged physiologically by bullying that this guy can make a living exploiting them. The real problem here is not that he is putting this information out there, its that noone is working with the kind of kid that would buy into this to help them on a personal level.

There are also times when you do need to stand up for yourself, and if doing so leads to violence that is not always the worst option. Learning to stand up for yourself is an important part of developing, and quite a few people grow up never doing so. Never learning how to say no, how to not be a victim. This can do more physiological harm than a dust up in the playground. Of course there is a difference between standing up for yourself and looking for fights to make people fear you. All that does is turn you from a victim into a bully.

Im not doing a very good job of explaining this, but I guess what im trying to say is that the real life support given to victims to bullying is going to have a hell of alot more impact on making sure people grow up to be healthy balanced adults than a psychopath on the internet. We can sit here and condemn this guy all we like, but we arent actually solving the problem.

6. Foggy

Foggy Active Member

I am actively solving the problem: that's why I teach self defence classes.

RTKDCMB likes this.
  7. Collier1313

Collier1313 New Member

I can't even begin to express how much this infuriates me! I was bullied in school, middle school in particular was the worst 3 years of my life and all this chump is doing is creating a new set of bullies. This line in particular gets my blood boiling "Respect comes from physical intimidation and by beating up people who are thought to be stronger than you." someone needs to tell this punk that that's not respect you're gaining, it's fear and instead of being part of the solution you're a part of the problem. Yes most bullies need to get knocked down a couple times before they tone down their bullying but this dude is creating a new generation of bullies with martial arts training, basically it's a real world Kobra Kai! Sorry guys I didn't mean to jump on a soapbox, it's just that given how miserable my "tween" and early teenage years were because of being bullied it's a subject I'm very passionate about.

UK-Student and RTKDCMB like this.
  8. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

this guy sounds alot like the cobra kai karate teacher from the karate kid

9. bowlie

bowlie Well-Known Member

He also has a very mechanical and unnatural way of moving. It leads me to believe he never spars and doesn't really know how to fight, he just knows a few individual techniques. Mind you, selling bad info is the lesser crime here.

michael mckenna likes this.
  10. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Active Member

yeh i agree he has a very rigid form

11. Raymond

Raymond Active Member

This guy's site and the stuff he is preaching is even worse than his technique. I would agree that this is the type of person who has never been in any type of fight before, and if he has it was probably one he picked just like a bully to make himself feel tough. Sometimes bullies are bred from other bullies, like vampires. One kid is beat up and picked on, and then when he gets the chance he does the same to help fill in the void that was created when he was receiving.

RTKDCMB likes this.
  12. UK-Student

UK-Student Active Member

It's exploitative.....someone is bullied at school and this sales patter will make them think that this is the answer to their prayers. It's a bunch of fantasy scenarios e.g how to knock someone out. Whether or not it is likely to help the person who is manipulated into buying it is highly debatable as that person probably needs to seek help from the people around them.

Oh yeah, and he thinks Bullies never look at martial arts websites......dream on.

13. Finlay

Finlay Active Member

i get the impression that he was bullied at school and this is his way of getting them back.

misguided, stupid and just plain dangerous

14. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

Seems like the page has been moved or taken down.

15. Ivor

Ivor Member

Gnarlie, there are some videos on youtube, but he seems to have a wordpress.com website.
    This guy is a complete dickhead! the macho dark glasses, combat trousers & boots say everything.
    there is nothing about de-escalation or defence -this is all aggression, anyone who takes on board these ideas is going to find themselves in a world of trouble!:mad:

16. LMath

LMath New Member

He would probably get whipped by a midget with no training at all...