Why is this WTF guy punching with a bent wrist???

Discussion in 'Taekwondo Patterns' started by Pleonasm, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

Is he trying to break his own hand? And where in gods name is he aiming?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  3. akisbat

akisbat Member

where is the bent wrist ? I must be blind or something

4. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

First punch he throws.

5. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

I looked at some different videos they are mainly the same, if you follow the line of his hand and arm it's straight, the dobok gives the illusion its bent. That's the way i see it.

RR

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

The wrist is clearly bent at 0:29. I paused the clip.

7. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

I would also like to know why they punch in that peculiar direction. Is it related to their sparring formats that only allow punches to the chest area? It looks strange to an outsider.

8. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Both taegeuks and poomse have strikes punches kicks to different hights, you are better off talking to some of the other people, it's not my strongest subject.

RR

9. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

Maybe you're right, but he is only human. I guess we could all go through a video and find some fault, should that kick be 45 deg or 47 I personally would use it as a guide then get my instructor to clear up any problems.

RR

10. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

As do ITF. We don't punch in that direction, though. Looks very peculiar.

11. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Active Member

What do you mean to the lower section?

12. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Member

No, I mean that he is punching in a downwards trajectory.

13. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with WTF (which no longer exists, it's WT, but it has nothing to do with WT either).

These are KTA video clips.

The technique is momtong jireugi. Target is myeongchi. Striking surface is apjumeok. Target is soft. Striking surface is hard, and conditioned. Slight wrist bend is required for stability and to meet the target with the correct surface and to align the forefist with the line between the wrist and elbow. This serves two purposes: it makes a wrist or hand injury less likely and makes the contact surface sharper.

Maybe if you keep training someday you'll be able to answer your own questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Intercept and Matt like this.
  14. Intercept

Intercept Member

Who is this Neonasel clown? What an idiot. Move out of your Moms basement and grow a pair tough guy. hahahahhahha Get a life I bet you’ll stay up all night now crying. I took the time to read a handful of your “Posts”and you really are a weak man. Must suck to be you