Would like to see people's age in their profile when they post.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Mark 42, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Mark 42

Mark 42 Member

3. Mark 42

Mark 42 Member

Also, it would be nice if there were a button to edit my profile when I go to my profile page
    (I clicked on my picture hoping to see an option to edit my profile from wherever that
    would take me - but it just showed my profile - eventually I found the link at the upper
    right to edit my profile)

4. Kevin

Kevin Administrator Staff Member

The forum can be set up to display every field at the left hand side of posts. The problem is that it makes the profile area in threads too big if a user completes all fields.

As it stands, we currently display location, rank and organisation. Due to this, there is a lot of whitespace between each post. Personally, I'd be all for removing the fields from threads so that all of this whitespace is removed; however I appreciate that users like this sort of information.

I do understand why you would want to display age, though I feel that if we go down the route of displaying every piece of information about users, threads will become unnecessarily long. This makes reading threads less enjoyable.

I have seen forums which have suffered from this. One word replies from members means take about one thousand pixels of real estate on the page due to the profile area being so large.

Some people will not want to display their age either, or simply enter a false one.

I'm of the view that we should keep the profile area small, but allow members to add some information about themselves in the signature area :)