WTF patterns

Discussion in 'Taekwondo Patterns' started by Matt, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Well-Known Member

For interest also from 1980. See 6:15.

2. Matt

Matt Member

All of those are outdated..... Thats what I was trying to tell you. The way they are doing the move after the mountain block which I would call two down blocks while moving your foot into a parallel stance is no longer correct..... These are all wrong.

The new version of Keumgang has after the mountain block you don't move your feet at all, and the arms cross, you rise out of your stance and let your arms go behind you slowly simulating two hammer fist behind you.

3. Matt

Matt Member

I was never referring to the speed of the block at all, but more the technique of the block since it has changed

4. Gnarlie

I'll believe that when I see it. Several of my friends and acquaintances have done the same course in Europe in the last few months and none of them have come back with that. It's more than likely a miscommunication...no disrespect to you or your instructor, but these things can happen with poomsae, and you have to be careful what you take on.

I was in Korea training a couple of months ago, and watching members of the Kukkiwon demo team at the Kukkiwon performing Keumgang, this was not evident there. That makes me suspect that it is a mistake.

5. Matt

Matt Member

I'm sorry but I believe what I have been taught. There were changes made to all the WTF patterns I know

6. Gnarlie

Of course, feel free to believe what you want to believe.

That will not necessarily make it true or right outside of the relationship you have with your instructor.

I prefer to take information either first hand from the original source and or from multiple sources.

I'll be doing the course very soon, so it will clear itself up. I'll let you know how it pans out.